There are a dozens of exercise for chest but you just want to know the best exercises for building a muscular chest. However do note that if you are repeating the same workout, you may not be getting all of the benefits or results. You must switch up your daily workouts and try something new each month.
Here are the top 8 best chest building exercises:
- Barbell bench press: You need to touch the bar to your middle chest and nowhere else. Don’t bounce the weight off your chest. You should be in full control of the barbell at all times.
- Incline dumbbell press: The incline dumbbell press is a great exercise for building mass on the upper chest. Setup the incline bench to an angle of about 30 to 45 degrees.
- Flat bench dumbbell press: When you are done, do not drop the dumbbells next to you as this is dangerous to your rotator cuff in your shoulders.
- Decline dumbbell press: Similar to the dumbbell bench press but this works more of the lower chest.
- Incline barbell bench press: The incline barbell bench press is an upper body strength exercise that targets the chest, shoulder and triceps. This move works more of upper portion of the chest.
- Chest dips: Chest dips performed with a wide grip and the elbows flared to the sides, target outer chest better than pushups, bench presses, or any other exercises.
- Incline cable fly: Place a bench in between a cable stand ensuring equal space on both sides, and adjusting it to a 30-45 degree angle.
- Dumbbell pullover: Dumbbell pullover work two opposing muscles simultaneously, the chest and the back muscles. The chest muscles are the primary movers, but the several back muscles assist during the movement.