Yoga is very effective in the treatment of many impossible and incurable diseases. However, the therapeutic effect of yoga is only a byproduct. Sex problems can also be very well handled with yoga because these problems are more related to the mind than body. They are caused by the lack of confidence or stress or fatigue or fear but only sometimes, there is physical cause.
It is difficult to find the reliable natural healing to overcome sexual problems. Sexual problems can effectively be treated through yoga therapy, and particularly with the help of yoga poses and breathing exercises. Following are some of the benefits of yoga for improved sex life:
- Increases endurance: Yoga improves muscle control in all areas of the body, including the pelvis and groin. Many men have the problem of premature ejaculation. Yoga helps them to gain better control over muscles in the groin and pelvis, which can lead to increased endurance during sexual performance. Some dominant sex positions that were too difficult to hold for long become easier for women, after learning yoga.
- Improves flexibility and strength: People who regularly practice yoga have an advanced level of flexibility, which can help if you want to get a little more creative with your sexual positions. By practicing yoga you can improve your range of motion and flexibility and even strength.
- Boosts stamina: Yoga teaches some techniques which can help you in building your core stability and gaining muscle control. Your increased stamina can help you to have a longer-lasting sex between you and your partner.
- Improves spinal health: Yoga helps in releasing tension in the back muscles and helps to restore the natural curvature of the spine.
- Build self-confidence and body image: The body of the person regularly practicing yoga is strong, tones and healthy. By practicing yoga you can achieve weight and body shape goals which can give you a stronger body image and increased self-confidence.
- Process emotions and clear the mind: Yoga teaches people to let go of emotions such as anger, frustration and jealousy and invite in positive emotions. Yoga and meditation helps in processing our emotions better and thus helping in clearing our mind.
The common sex problems are ejaculation disorders, erectile dysfunction, lack of sexual desire, peyronie’s disease, infertility, hypogonadism, phimosis, gamophobia, etc. Yoga helps in overcoming these problems in various different ways. Here are some of the yoga positions that can help you to improve your sex life.
1.Upavistha konasana (Sitting wide-legged straddle pose): Spread your legs in opposite direction as wide as comfortably possible. You may either sit up straight in this pose or you can draw your chest downward towards the floor. This asana amps up the blood flow to the groin area.
2. Shishuasana (child’s pose): Shishuasana is also known as resting pose which has super healing power. This asana helps in relaxation or stretch of hips, thighs and ankles. From a kneeling position, sit on your heels and let your back arch gently. Stretch your arms out in front or bring them to rest with your palms beside your feet.
3.Setu bandhasana (bridge pose): This asana target the muscles at the pelvic floor which leads to stronger and more controlled orgasms. Lie on your back on the floor. Gently lift your butt by bending the knees, until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Hold this pose for 30-60 seconds.
4.Halasana (plow pose): Halasana stretches the back to reduce the injury during sex. Lie on the floor and slowly bring your straightened legs up in the air over your body. Bring your toes to rest on the floor behind your head. You can push your hands onto the floor by your side or you can rest your arms against your back.
5.Viparita karani: Lie on your back on the floor and raise your straightened legs up in the air up to 90 degrees. You can use a wall to support legs and help them to stick-straight. This pose focuses on circulation in the pelvic area.
6.Padmasana (lotus pose): Padmasana improves flexibility of the hip and thigh muscles, which are central to most sexual positions. Sit cross-legged on the floor and pull each of your feet to rest on the top of the opposite thigh with the help of your hands.
7.Garudasana (eagle pose): Stand straight and slowly bend your right knee and wrap your left leg around your right, such that the knees are stacked over each other. Now raise your arms to the shoulder height and wrap your right hand around your left. Your both elbows should be bent at 90-degree angle and be stacked. Now gently bring down your hips and remember to move your knees towards the midline and not lean to one side. Hold for a moment and then release the pose, switch the limbs and repeat again the pose. This asana enhances circulation in the cervical area, which may make it more pleasurably sensitive during intercourse.
8.Uttan pristhasana (lizard pose): This pose increases flexibility in the hips and pelvis. Do a downward dog pose and bring your right foot up to join the outside of the right wrist. Bend your right knee and keep your thigh parallel to the floor. Now slowly lower yourself onto your elbows if possible.
9.Utkata konasana (goddess pose): Utkata konasana is an easy pose to perform to help you the harness the forces of the universe while stretching and toning your core. This pose can help to alleviate the pain of menstruation. Stand straight with the hanging on the sides. Take the feet apart for about 3-4 feet and turn your feet outwards with the toes pointing away from the body. Now slowly bend your knees to the extent you can go. Now bring your palms in the namaskara gesture and place it firmly touching the chest.