Pomelo is grown in many eastern countries, which include Japan, China, Fiji, Thailand and Malaysia. It is a sign of prosperity in Chinese culture. It is sweeter and milder in taste than grapefruit.
Pomelo has many benefits of which some are boosting the immune system, lowering blood pressure, improved digestion, reduced cramping, improved bone strength, anti-cancer, maintain heart-health, weight loss, oral and dental health, etc. Let us discuss various such benefits of this fruit.
- Prevent Urinary Tract Infection: Urinary Tract Infection affects the urinary system. Consumption of Pomelo juice helps to fight this infection and particularly in pregnant women. The presence of vitamin C in Pomelo helps in increasing the acid level in urine and shirks the development of bacteria in the urinary tract.
- Speeding up the healing of wounds: The presence of vitamin C in pomelo helps in increasing the capability of healing of the wound. Vitamin C in pomelo is rich in cofactor enzymes which are active in the development of collagen that enables the faster healing of skin.
- Improved digestion: Pomelos contain a high amount of fiber which can help in preventing constipation, making one’s bowel movement easier to control. They also promote healthy digestion and eliminates problem such as diarrhea.
- Improved heart health: Potassium present in pomelos is vital for proper functioning of the heart. It helps in regulating the blood pressure level and reducing the bad cholesterol in the body. Pomelo juice also helps in clearing the arterial deposits in the body, thereby reducing the risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Boost immunity: Vitamin C present in pomelos serves as an antioxidant and helps in increasing the white blood cell activity and attacking free radicals, which can damage the organ systems of the body. It also helps in fighting off the infections, which can lead to coughs, colds, fevers as well as more serious symptoms or viral & bacterial infections.
- Prevent anemia: As per research vitamin C enhances the absorption of iron in the body. The deficiency of iron can often leads to anemia. Having a diet rich in vitamin C can help in combating iron loss and improves the circulation of the blood.
- Teeth health: Pomelo is useful in fighting bleeding of gums. This is due to the collagen present in it, which is crucial for creating healthy and balances gums and teeth. Bleeding of gums is usually indicative of vitamin C deficiency. Consuming pomelos can help in fixing the problem.
- Fighting off infections: Vitamin C is a potent natural water-soluble antioxidant that helps the body develop resistance against infectious agents and eliminates cancer-causing free radicals in the body.
- Fighting cancer: The skin of this fruit is rich in bioflavonoids, which helps in preventing intestinal, pancreatic & breast cancer. It removes the excess estrogen from the body, preventing the cancer from spreading. It also possess high amount of fiber that protects the body from colon cancer.
- Prevent body cramps: Potassium is important for maintaining the fluid balance in the body, which is a key aspect of muscle cramping and stiffness. Deficiency of potassium can lead to body cramps and you can become susceptible to pulled muscles and torn ligaments.
- Anti-aging: Spermidine present in pomelos help in protecting the cells from the processes related to aging and cell damage. It fights wrinkles and skin aging thereby making the appearance of skin youthful, soft and fair. Pomelo juice has anti-aging properties that helps the body in producing the collagen and combating the signs of aging.
- Prevent osteoporosis: Osteoporosis refers to the loss of bone density occasioned by depletion of calcium mineral in the bone. Pomelos are useful in treating this condition by boosting the bone health and greatly reducing the potential risk of getting brittle or fragile bones.
- Hair health: The high content of water in pomelos keep the scalp hydrated and well moisturized. Pomelos contain vitamin C which fights bacteria and soothes the skin of the scalp to ward off dandruff. Consuming pomelo juice regularly strengthens hair capillaries thereby promoting thick and strong hair.
- Weight loss: Pomelos contain a fat-burning enzyme which can help in reducing the body weight. It is known as Cartine pamitoyl-transferase and can seriously boost your battle against the bulge.
- Cleanses the arteries: The presence of pectin in pomelo juice helps in removing the unwanted elements from the arteries. It helps in keeping the arteries clean and unclogged. Vitamin C also ensures the maintenance of elastic nature of the arteries.
- Oral and dental health: Collagen is vital for strengthening the tissues, organs and cells of the body. Vitamin C found in pomelos ensures the production of collagen. Collagen helps in boosting the strength of your gums and oral surfaces and prevents them from becoming infected or weak.