Loganberries are one of the best fruits you can have. Just like blackberries, they also have a various health benefits. They were born from the cross between blackberries and raspberries. Loganberries are in dark red color or deep purple in color and juicer having a sharper flavor. Let us discuss the various health benefits of loganberries.
- Boost immunity: Consumption of loganberries help in building resistance against diseases and infections developing in the body. They help in destroying free radicals and life threatening substances. Loganberries contain vitamin B6 which helps in boosting the immunity system and keeps it in good condition. Vitamin C in loganberries also helps in boosting the immunity system.
- Antioxidants: Loganberries contain anthocyanin in a large amount. They serve as antioxidants and neutralize the harmful free radicals in the body. Antioxidants in loganberries also provide defense against potential diseases such as heart conditions and cancer.
- Highly nutritious: Loganberries contain some necessary nutrients that are required for the proper growth and development of the body. They are a rich source of vitamin C, vitamin K, manganese as well as Folate.
- Healthy respiratory system: Loganberries contain vitamin C in a rich amount. This vitamin helps in preventing the respiratory issues such as asthma, lung cancer, etc. It also helps in cleaning the nasal passage and preventing all kinds of infections in respiratory organ.
- Excellent antimicrobial: Loganberries contain ellagic acid, gallic acid as well as rutin. These compounds possess outstanding anti-viral as well as anti-bacterial properties. They also help in preventing the growth of cancerous cells.
- Low in calories: A cup containing 150g of loganberries has around 80 calories. Thus, it is ideal for the people who want to lose weight and are opting for low calorie diets. They also have unsaturated fats and 2g of protein in the same cup. They help in increasing the metabolism and reducing of fat.
- Prevent blood clotting: Vitamin K is a vital factor in blood clotting. Regular consumption of blackberries completes our daily requirements of vitamin K in our diet. This helps to enable the synthesis of protein for healthy bones and tissues. Vitamin K helps in blood clotting without which the problems related to bleeding arise.
- Healthy nervous system: Loganberries contain thiamine which helps in promoting healthy nervous system. Thiamine helps in repairing the broken nerves and relaxing the body. Loganberries also contain vitamin B12 and manganese which help in the proper functioning of neurological system and DNA synthesis. Vitamin C present in loganberries help in lowering the blood pressure and reducing the risk of hypertension.